Sunday, March 10, 2013

Why Philippine Literature

During times when we look for information about Filipino literary works in the internet, they can be found in scattered blogs of personal interests, if not in WikiAnswers. In fact, once I found the whole transcript of Maternity Leave by Ligaya Victorio-Reyes on WikiAnswers only! I also tried searching, but there wasn't any single blog dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of information about Philippine literature.

Hence are the rationale for this blogsite. In time, I plan to put details about several important works of Philippine literature, both in English and in Filipino. Hopefully, we could also import here poems written by Filipinos in Spanish and other Philippine dialects. This is one of my personal advocacies: to promote Philippine literature not only to the Filipinos and the college students that are having a hard time in their Phil. Lit course, but to the whole blogging world as well. Take this as my share of my pie in supporting my country's small art scene. 


Before I became an English major, I was first a Literature major. I was affected with the love for the written word by most of my professors, my classmates, and by myself, when I learned to love reading all over again in the halls of the UST Library. Regretful as I am that I'm no longer there, but in a humbler university in Bulacan, I'm still an aspiring literateur, and hopefully, I can still continue on living that spirit that I had. Please keep posted for new posts in here!   


No comments:

Post a Comment